Christopher David Huw Evans
I have had a central set of questions through the things I've done to date
and which I'm planning to do next. This is:
- How do we know, or think we know, what we think we do?
- How and why do we communicate as we do about these things?
- How and why do we feel, or not feel, about these things?
DATE OF BIRTH: 25.ii.1957
G.M.C. REGISTRATION: 2733667
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1975-1978 Queens' College, Cambridge University: B.A. Medical
Sciences Tripos (2.1) Part II in Psychology with Physiology
- 1978-1981 University College Hospital, London: M.B., B.S.
- 1988 M.R.C. Psych. Final
(Laughlin prize for highest marks in the exam)
- 1988 Section 12(2) Mental Health Act (1983) approval
- 1981-1982 House Officer, General Medicine, Darlington Memorial
- 1982 House Officer, Professorial Surgical Unit, U.C.H.
- 1982-1983 Senior House Officer to Dr. McCarthy (Community
Medicine) and to Drs. Souhami & Tobias (Oncology and Radiotherapy)
- 1984 S.H.O. to Dr. Bolton, Springfield Hospital, General psychiatry
- 1984-1985 S.H.O.to Prof. Paykel, Springfield Hospital, Professorial
research ward for resistant depression and puerperal illness
- 1985 Reg. to Prof. Lacey, Atkinson Morley's Hospital, eating
disorders and impulsivity problems
- 1985-1986 Registrar to Dr. Storey, Springfield Hospital, general
psychiatry and District minimum secure unit
- 1986-1988 Clinical Research Fellow to Prof. Lacey researching
links between eating disorders, personality disorders and impulsivity
- 1988-1993 Clinical Research Fellow in Forensic Psychiatry
(with Dr. Eastman) established audit team for Regional service
- 1993-current Senior Lecturer in Psychotherapy, St. George's
Hospital Med. School
I have experience of the design and execution of a wide variety
of studies and have become proficient with the technology relevant
to psychiatric and psychotherapy research. I have taken medical
responsibility for a study of Ondansetron and smoking cessation.
- IGA Introductory General Course (1985-86)
- Introductory lectures at Institute of Psycho-Analysis (1989-90)
- Seminars on forensic group work at the Portman Clinic (1989-90).
- IGA Qualifying Course (1987-1994)
- Introductory Course on Family Systems Work (1993) (Roehampton
College of Health Studies & Dept. of Mental Health Sciences,
St. George's Hospital Medical School)
- MSc. in Advanced Family Therapy at the Tavistock Clinic (1993-
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
I am a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists exams subcommittee
and the steering group of the U.K. chapter of the Society for
Psychotherapy Research, and editor of its biannual newsletter.