Re: "Reality"

Philip Michelson (P.Michelson@gu.edu.au)
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 15:12:04 +1000 (EST)

You are correct in your apprehension of what I suggested. However, you are
also correct in picking up that I had taken a very broad stance. A series of
postulates should clear up my position:

1. If we are made of the same creative "stuff" that everything else is made
of then we must share (at least some) common attributes (and therfore
understanding of the nature of these).

2. If we are created out of the material of creation (that is by/from the
great creative vortex of the universe, the font of all potential), then we
must by definition contain the same creative abilities as that which created us.

3. If we possess greater powers than we currently realise, then why do we
not recognise them and more importantly utilise them ?

My own position is that we grow individually into an understanding of what
we truly are (and can be), and that at certain times the "Hundredth monkey"
syndrome precipitates a quantum leap by large groups simultaneously (who
appear to cotton on to some greater wisdom independent of any apparent
behavioural learning intervention).

best wishes,

Philip