Re: "Reality"

Mancuso, James C. (mancusoj@capital.net)
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 11:29:41 -0500

Robin Hill wrote:

> My colleagues and I often discuss this notion of reality, and at the
> end of it we agree on one concept.....
>
> REAL BULLETS!!
>
> I'm off on holiday for a few weeks, so this rather facetious remark
> is my way of ending the year and departing from my office.
>
> A number of list members asked for copies of a monograph I wrote.
> I have sent copies to about half of those who asked. I have not
> forgotten the rest of you. I have a pile of them sitting on my office floor
> awaiting to be packaged and sent. Will do so as soon as I can.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Dr. Robin Hill
>
> ____________________________________
> Principal Lecturer & Research Leader
> Department of Business Studies
> The Waikato Polytechnic
> Private Bag 3036
> Hamilton 2020
> New Zealand
>
> email: BSRAH@twp.ac.nz
> Fax. NZ (07) 834-8802

Almost like, "You mean there is no chair there????"

However, what would be the difference [insofar as outcome] between
saying, "Real bullets," and saying "Everything in my construction system
allows me to speak of a construction which I will label with the
signifier BULLETS?"
Then, to push the point: What would be the difference between saying,
"The evidence shows that there ARE REALLY INFERIOR RACES," and saying
"Everything in my construct system allows me to speak of INFERIOR
RACES."

Jim Mancuso