Re: Core Constructs

Ana Catina (catina@Psyres-Stuttgart.DE)
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 09:57:46 +0100 (MET)

Dear Charles,
I may misunderstand you, but I have the feeling that you doubt that a
shared value can be a core construct. If so, think at the gangs culture,
and how their members identify themselves with shared values of the gang.
Such values might be personally re-interpreted but some of them are very
dogmatic defined and are as such valid for the whole group. I worry
sometime that we forget this shared (commonality in construing), for fear
for hurting the "personal" of the PCP. Personally, I am focused on social
stereotypes now and they seem to be able to become very "core"!

Dr.Phil. Ana Catina
Center for Psychotherapy Research
Christian Belser Str. 79a
70597 Stuttgart